As the Valais is a Roman Catholic canton, public holidays largely correspond to RC religious feasts and holy days.
- January 1 : New Year’s Day
- March 19 : St Joseph’s Day
- end May (date varies) : Ascension Day
- mid-June (date varies) : Corpus Christi
- August 1 : Swiss National Day
- August 15 : Assumption of Our Lady
- November 1 : All Saints Day
- December 8 : Immaculate Conception of Our Lady
- December 25 : Christmas Day
- Thursday mornings : market at the Place Centrale.
- February-March (dates vary) : Carnival (feast of the end of winter), 1 week, procession Saturday and Sunday, various entertainments, held in Martigny-Bourg.
- Wallis week of fight against racism, 14th to 21st of March
- 5 Continents Festival (end June) , Place Centrale.
- Foire du Valais (Valaisan Fair) held in CERM for 10 days, all trades represented.
- Knie Circus : Wednesday and Thursday mid-October, every year.
- Octodurus Corrida (=running race) : town center, November.
- Foire du Lard (literally « Bacon Fair ») : first Monday in December, in the Martigny - Bourg old street, big market.
- Christmas Market : end December, Place Centrale.
In an even year, during the first week in August, a folkloric festival known as the FIFO is held in the CERM, and groups perform on the Place Centrale and on the Place du Bourg.